Reliable and Cheap Graphics Pen Tablet: Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch

Five months ago, I bought my first Wacom bamboo pen and touch, and now I like to share my review. Like you, I also searched the net on which one fits my need. I am a web designer. It is important for me to have a pen tablet that fits in creating graphics work.

As I search the internet, I started to choose which brand is famous when it comes to Pen Tablet. At first, I thought that Genius is the best when it comes to Pen Tablets. I ask graphic designers on the forum and answered me that the best brand for pen tablets is the Wacom.


As I checked their website, I noticed that there are different Wacom bamboo tablets. The bigger ones are more expensive. Their differences are their pen features and sizes. Most of them say that the bigger the better. However, I think it will depend on your preferences.

I have a Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch, and it works smoothly. I'm happy to have this instead of the bigger one. I use 1600 by 900 pixel screen resolution monitor and I can say that the 9.8 inch by 6.9 inch tablet is perfect. I can't image if I have a bigger tablet like Bamboo Fun because I'm sure it'll need more hand movements to reach every edge of the monitor. The medium size is perfect for browsing and creating graphics.



Below are the advantages and disadvantages of choosing this pen tablet.

Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch Pros
  • The pen doesn't need battery unlike other brands
  • There is an eraser like a pencil (very handy)
  • Cheaper
  • Has Multi Touch feature
  • Compatible on Mac and PC
  • Touch feature is deactivated when using Pen (intelligent feature)
  • Can be used by left or right handed user
  • Photoshop Elements Installer Included for Free
  • There's an interactive tutorial for beginners
Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch Cons
  • There are bugs on hand orientation at first installation (can be fixed by updating the software)
  • The cord is attached permanently (not good if you will keep it inside your bag)
  • There are few features that is not available on Mac
  • There are few features that is not available on PC

I've already selected the best deals in Amazon check the link below.



Here are some other options if you're not convinced with my review. Just stick with Wacom.

Comments