External DVD Drive for Netbook Review

Liteon DVD/CD Burner is my choice when you need an external DVD Drive for your netbook. Last week, I bought an Asus Notebook which is also a good choice. The only disadvantage of a netbook or notebook laptops is they don't have a built-in disk drive burner. That's why you need to buy an external disk drive to install software from CD.




Buffalo External DVD writer Review


At first I bought a Buffalo brand DVD writer. This writer looks good and you need to insert two USB cables on the computer, one for the power and another for the data transfer. It didn't impress me at all. After several minutes, it shows a red light which means that the power supply is insufficient even you already have inserted the cable for power. As a result, installing Windows 7 was interrupted, and I received an error message.

Liteon External DVD Writer Review




The good thing is I could return it and have a Liteon DVD/CD Burner. Unlike with my previous external drive, it only has one USB cable. Same cable is used for power and data transfer. And this solves my problem in installing my Operating System in my Asus Netbook.

I learned that we should be careful in choosing an external burner for our notebook because unlike with desktop computers, the connections are sensitive, and we must choose a good drive that is dedicated in consistent connection.

If you will check Amazon, one of the best external disk drive is the Samsung SE-S084D/TSBS. I haven't tried to use it, but it seems that it's also a good choice because of the reviews.




There are more disk drives on Amazon, but I think Samsung and Liteon are the right choice. Don't forget to leave a comment to share your experience with these products.

Comments