Lenovo P700 Android 4.0 Battery Drains Fast - No Deep Sleep

Last week, I bought the one of the cheapest smartphone in the market, Lenovo P700. Its amazing 2500MAh battery convinced me to buy it, which is higher than Samsung S3 or iPhone 5. Because of that, I expect a lot for a high end battery performance. As I use my phone, I noticed that the battery drains fast even on stand by mode. I observed it for few days believing that it's only a battery cycle stuff but there is no improvement and there is no such thing on Lithium Ion batteries.

I searched the internet on the reasons why this is happening to a 2500MAh battery. I found out that Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich has some bugs related to it's battery. I didn't search on it a lot because of some technical terms that I need to know, instead I joined forums about Lenovo P700 and read articles about Android 4.0. Including Why Android Phone Battery Drains Fast?



My problem falls under the fist issue in that article. It's a system problem. There is something that runs during standby mode and I don't know what it is. I learned from reading that using CPU Spy, a free application from the Play Store, you will know if your phone is in Deep Sleep mode. It is a state where the CPU should stop processing unused applications.

Here's what I get from CPU Spy:


As you can see 100% of the time the phone is in its maximum state, 100Mhz. And the other state is not in use, including the Deep Sleep. In short, my phone is not resting and insomniac giving me a battery that drains fast.

Luckily, I found out Why Your Android Phone don't have a Deep Sleep State and do the following solutions.

  • Disable auto updates
  • Uninstall some suspicious application
  • Last option is do a factory reset, but be sure that you backup all your data
  • Do not use the Screen lock option to none. Set it to slide or other. - This one fixed my problem!



Comments